Issue 53 of English Now magazine is in the newsstands across France! (Of course, it's also available from our website.) English Now is different from any other language learning magazine in that it its articles are written specifically for French-speakers learning English who are at beginner to intermediate level.
Each page has keywords translated into French. No need for a dictionary here - we've done it for you. Also, the feature articles are available in CD format with 60+ minutes of audio read by native English speakers from Britain, the US and Australia to help the learner tune their ear to different accents.
So what's in this issue?
- learn about American awards ceremonies.
- find out which board games Britons and American play.
- get key vocabulary for ordering flowers.
- read about sacred sites in the English-speaking world.
- get a delicious recipe for New England clam chowder.
- meet a barrister, a model builder and a hairstylist.
- keep up-to-date on the latest news from English-speaking countries.
- acquire vocabulary for talking about times of day.
- find out how to ask for information at a museum.
- learn about Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse.
- read about new slang expressions in English.
- test your comprehension with exercises!
Find out more here, or join us on Facebook.